Interested in this Islay whisky project?
- 26th of March: Presentation and tasting at Bierproeflokaal "In de Wildeman", Kolksteeg 3, Amsterdam, for details please check the "In de Wildeman" facebook events page.
If you are curious about this Single Malt and Single Cask Islay Whisky This is the way to sign up the newsletter:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- you will receive a reply email that you've been added to the list.
Any other questions can be directed to the same email address.
- 2/3 part of the cask will be bottled in Q4 2018.
- of which 1/3 will be at 50%
- and 1/3 at cask strength (expected to be 63,4%)
- 1/3 part will remain in the cask for a few more years.
- 6 November '18: Cask strength has been bottled
- 17 November '18: 50% part has been bottled
- 24th of January 2019: The Bottles left the distillery and are on their way to the Netherlands
- 29th of January 2019: Expected arrival date in the Netherlands
- 1 February: The Whisky has arrived at the importer in the NL.
Why bottle at 50%?
Jim McEwan has done a six year study on the effect of different alcohol contents on the taste of the final product. The study centered around the "Islay Barley" expression, but after that study they decided to apply this more widely. We were free in deciding the % but decided that we wanted to follow up on Jim's advice. For More information please have a look at the link below: